Allow me to introduce another of my alcohol ink paintings, named 'No 5' (catchy huh?)
On this one I used Cool Peri, Stonewashed, Raspberry and Purple Twilight inks from Adirondack. I also used 91% Isopropyl alcohol and a 9" × 12" sheet of Yupo.
I started by drizzling the alcohol over my paper and then added a few drops of ink diagonally across the sheet.
With my air spritzer, I smooshed the colours about to create an airy background.
I then repeated the process with more ink drops and alcohol until I had the intensity of colour I was looking for.
With the finest of paintbrushes, I added a dotty effect with the alcohol and the teeniest amount of ink, dripped onto the bristles.
Before framing, all of my pieces are varnished to give a protective coating...
...and here's what the finished piece looks like when it's framed.