Saturday, 27 May 2017

Card For a Friend



My card today features a brilliant Friend die and gorgeous background stamp called 'Bundles of Blossoms' from MFT and some simple ink blending with Distress Inks.


First I stamped my piece of 6" × 6" card with Versamark ink and then added white embossing powder.


I added colour with Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberry and Dried Marigold Distress Inks. I then laid the Friend die in position, ran it thru' the ol' Cuttlebug and stuck it to my card base with foam tape for a bit of dimension.


A few sequins and a birthday sentiment et voila...job done!
Wishing you all a happy & peaceful weekend.

Sunday, 21 May 2017

Acrylic Pouring 1 (Revisited)



Ahoy and welcome back to my wee bloglet.
A few weeks back I tried my first attempt at Acrylic Pouring but didn't get round to making anything with the dried piece.


Well at last I've finally got my act together and made a couple of cards.
You can read my orginal post here if you wish.


There's something special about acrylic pouring and working with alcohol inks (which I plan to do again soon). I keep going back over pieces that I've made and there always seems to something new to look at, bits I've not spotted before or taken a lot of notice of....(I know, you're thinking 'weirdo'!)


Anyway, there yer have it.
Now go pour some acrylics.
Enjoy xx



Friday, 12 May 2017

Acrylic Pouring 5


Welcome back to the ol' blog and another attempt at acrylic pouring.
In case you are visiting me for the first time and you're interested in Acrylic Pouring then may I suggest checking out the work & Youtube videos of Annemarie Ridderhof. Annemarie has made over 100 videos, experimenting with a variety of acrylic paint brands, mediums, etc, so if you have time, watch them all. I promise, you'll feel like Annemarie is your best buddy, she has an amazing spirit and a certain 'je ne sais quoi'. I could listen to and watch her create all day.


I actually did this acrylic pour at Easter but have only just got round to turning it into a card. I think you can make out the colours I used, red, orange, yellow, green and white, all cheap acrylics from The Range, except the white which is a Winsor & Newton .


This is my 5th attempt at acrylic pouring so if you look back at my old posts you'll get an idea on how I made this. Annemarie's videos will explain it far better.


To make my card I picked the best portion of my dried pouring and cut a square. I then sliced that piece into 4 sections, added a foam backing to each to give some dimension and stuck to my card base. I finished with some Nuvo Crystal Drop dots.
There's something really satisfying about acrylic pouring....I love it!

Sunday, 7 May 2017

Love Is In The Air


Me again, with another zingy-coloured card.
I made it for a couple celebrating their wedding anniversary.


I started by lightly drawing a heart shape, using an MFT heart die, to use as a guide for my floral stamping. I stamped 'Sandra' on a piece of scrap paper first so that I could work out where to position it on the final piece. I used Altenew's Calligraphy Alpha to then stamp their names in full.


A T-ruler helped me stamp in a straight line.


The ol' zingy coloured Promarkers made another appearance, after I'd stamped my flowers and a pair of Love Birds (MFT's Blissful Blooms & Tweet Friends). Oh...almost forgot...I erased my pencil heart outline.


There were some tiny hearts in MFT's 'Beast Friends' stamp set, so I added a few but didn't colour them in as I felt they'd get lost in all the zingyness going on. I added some shimmer, with a Wink of Stella pen, on all of the images and a few sequins from Neat & Tangled to finish.

Friday, 5 May 2017

Acrylic Pouring 4


Ahoy!
It's the weekend...Yay!
I'm still experimenting with Acrylic Pouring, following the techniques of the amazing Annemarie Ridderhof on YouTube. 
My pour on this card was made with cheap acrylic paint in red, black, and white, PVA glue, water and hair serum that contains dimethicone.
If you're not familiar with acrylic pouring then I really encourage you to check out Annemarie's YouTube channel where she experiments with all sorts of 'potions' to get the effect below...the cells.


 Basically you need acrylic paint, opaque & transparent colours, a medium to thin the paint so that it pours well and doesn't flake when dry (eg Liquitex Pouring medium, Floetrol, PVA glue), small amount of water to also help with the flow of paint and silicone (dimethicone). The silicone helps in creating the cell effect. You can get silicone spray but if you look at some hair products, they contain the same ingredient (dimethicone) and it smells much nicer.  I use a 99p hair serum from Home Bargains.
A cheap blow torch, the sort you use with Creme Brules, also helps in creating the cell effect.


Annemarie has over 100 videos with lots of techniques and experiments and she shows how much paint and medium to use. It is trial and error as different acrylic paint brands can react differently, but the important thing is that it's great fun!


I added some streaks of Silver Moondust from Nuvo for some glittery highlights.
The best bit is that 100% of your final card or canvas is totally your own work, an original work of art.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...