Saturday, 22 April 2017

Acrylic Pouring No 3


Welcome back to my 3rd attempt at acrylic pouring. You can see my previous attempts (1 & 2) by clicking on the Acrylic Pouring link in the Labels section in the sidebar.


For this pour I used 2 cheapie blues (above), a Winsor & Newton white, Liquitex Pouring Medium, water and hair serum (for the dimethicone / silicone ingredient).


The initial pour, which was the 'flip-cup' method was perfect...beautiful patterns, colour mix and cells.


Here are some close up photos....but...


 ... it's when I tilted the paper, which was just a regular piece of acrylic paper, that things went wrong and that's where I'm still learning. When the mix spread across the paper, the cells stretched and disappeared and the colours merged together (see above). It was just a blue-splodgy mess.


Fear not...all was not lost. The paint left over in my cup looked amazing and there was enough left to pour out a mini piece.


And here it is..... 


Because it was a smaller piece of paper to fill and therefore less tilting to get the paint to cover it, the patterns remained and cells stayed put.


These are tiny cards, 4 x 4 inch, that I managed to make from the tiny pour.
I love the ocean feel.
Still learning and still loving these experiments.

3 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for sharing...Love the mini cards you made and interesting to read the blog to how you got here x

cuilliesocks said...

Amazing colours and pattern Jane, looks like waves in the ocean, love them Kate x

Chrissy said...

Oh, wow..love the end result..beautiful swirls and a few globs..love the blue and so glad all was not lost from tilting...which in my eye they were all fine in the first place..really FABulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...